Calgary Police Service | Calgary, Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
The Calgary Police Service requires a highly motivated Supervisor/Librarian to provide service for sworn and civilian members. This position is responsible for all library operations with special emphasis on research and reference services.
Primary duties include:
- Manage the day-to-day activity of the library including setting policy and procedures for the library as well as supervising staff.
- Budgeting and accounts payable and collections development and management.
- Provide reference and research functions in the library, using print and electronic resources.
- Monitor federal and provincial legislative activity and case law impacting policing.
- Evaluate, select and manage electronic resources to support the needs of the library.
- Market the library’s collections and services including providing library orientation to new recruits and civilians.
- Participate in professional library associations through membership.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in library and Information Science; or related degree with a certificate in legal research and a minimum of 5 years related experience including supervision experience.
- Experience with catalogue and circulation software (GeniePlus), Ebsco, Sage and QuickLaw, Westlaw, Factiva are essential.
- Previous experience/knowledge in the following: legislation, legal system and operational aspects of policing; crime and policing issues; administrative and collection development.
- Success in this position requires strong written and verbal Communication skills, coaching and development, efficiency and thoroughness, focus on results, and relationship building. The ability to manage resources and multiple competing priorities in a team oriented environment with time sensitive deadlines.
- An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Calgary Police Service
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 5111 47 Street N.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 13 $44.20 – 59.09 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: January 17, 2023
Job ID #:306812