The objective of the FLA is to bring together individuals within the Calgary library community to share and promote the concerns of the library and information professions.
Membership is open to people interested in the information professions. The cost is $30 per year. To join, print the Membership Application which can be found on our Membership page. Contact the membership director at email@example.com for more information.
Events and activities, such as lectures, seminars, tours, and social events, are organized for members and non-members from September through June, beginning with the Annual General Meeting held in the fall. The Events page also publicizes events of interest to the library community in the Prairie Provinces and British Columbia.
To read our by-laws please click here.
- FLA will offer Jobline to enable up-to-date-access to industry postings
- FLA will offer FLA Gazette to keep members up to date on local activities and trends
- FLA will primarily look to its membership as sources of expertise for professional development
- Where feasible, FLA will seek partnerships with other groups in order to broaden professional development offerings
- FLA will utilize its communication channels (such as the Gazette) and its events to explore structured questions relating to challenges and trends in the information professions
- FLA will welcome non-members and those from outside of the library and information professions to attend professional development programming