Canmore Public Library | Canmore, Alberta
We are seeking applicants for a permanent, full-time position. The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, interest in children’s librarianship and be a collaborative team player.
- Manages library operations in absence of the Library Director, including scheduling, payroll and benefits.
- Assist in the interviewing, selection, training and supervision of library staff.
- Coordinate staff in the delivery of library programs and outreach for all ages.
- Coordinate and oversee internal and external PR and the library’s website.
- Organize and compile annual in-house surveys, reports, monthly statistics and maintain/update associated spreadsheets.
- Represent the library at community functions.
- Attend and take minutes at the monthly Library Board Meeting.
- Pursue ongoing professional development through attendance at library conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Provide patron service at the front desk.
- Assist with general library operations as needed.
- Serve on the Library’s Health and Safety Committee.
- Keep up-to-date on library procedures and policies.
Children’s Services Responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of programming events for children and young adults.
- Coordinate summer programs for children, including interviewing, hiring and supervising summer staff.
- Evaluate, weed and maintain the juvenile collections.
- Select and order children’s materials in response to community needs and as budget allows.
- Serve as liaison with other local providers of children’s services, including schools, day cares, preschools, and the health unit.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement appropriate service enhancements to continually improve the effective and efficient delivery of services to children and young adults.
- Participate in community and professional activities directly related to Children’s and Young Adult Services.
Salary Range: $57,666-$72,076, commensurate with experience. Canmore Public Library provides an excellent benefit package that commences after 3 months of employment.
- M.L.I.S./M.L.S. from an accredited university.
- Some public library experience preferred.
- Some experience in children’s and/or young adult library services preferred.
- Strong customer service skills mandatory
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with at least 2 professional references by 5pm, Friday, April 7th to:
Michelle Preston, Library Director
Canmore Public Library
101-700 Railway Avenue
All candidates are thanked for their interest in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leave a Reply