Marigold Library System | Strathmore, Alberta
Full-time One-Year Term
Marigold Library System is seeking an innovative and resourceful librarian who is passionate about developing and delivering exceptional public library service in a regional library system setting. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and collaborative team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. This is a one-year term position with the possibility of extension.
The Collection Services Consultant brings experience and enthusiasm for supporting library staff and boards in providing exceptional service to their communities. You like a variety of work that includes some travel to libraries for consultation, project work, collection maintenance and evaluation.
With your excellent communication and team-building skills, you ensure Marigold Collection Services meets organizational goals. You possess strong supervisory skills and lead a collections team of five staff. You effectively balance Marigold’s role in collection development system-wide while respecting the unique needs of each Marigold library. You participate in stewarding relationships with vendors for the ordering, receiving, cataloguing, and processing of library materials in all formats in collaboration with the Director of Service Delivery. As a member of the Marigold management team, you contribute to Marigold’s strategic direction and can make a difference in people’s lives by contributing to the vitality of rural and urban communities.
- Provides support and training to member libraries and local boards on library management, governance and reporting
- Monitors collection workflow practices for maximum cost savings and efficiency
- Identifies collection selection and training needs for headquarters staff, library staff and coordinates training delivery
- Supervises staff
- Contributes to policy development, operational and strategic planning as a member of the management team
Education and Experience Required:
- Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) or equivalent from an ALA accredited library school
- Supervisory experience is required
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Two years of experience with materials selection and general knowledge of collection services workflows including acquisitions, cataloguing and processing is preferred but not mandatory
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record
Marigold Library System provides progressive public library services to a service population of over 343,000 residents in south central Alberta through 43 municipalities, 36 libraries, two First Nations Reserves, 12 book deposits, two library lending lockers, and a mail service. As a member of TRAC (The Regional Automation Consortium) and TAL (The Alberta Library), Marigold is committed to collaboration and innovation. Find out more about Marigold at www.marigold.ab.ca.
The Town of Strathmore has a population of over 14,000 residents and is located 40 km east of Calgary on the Trans-Canada Highway (25-minute commute from city limits).
Salary range: $81,826 – $94,788. Marigold Library System provides an excellent benefits package that commences after three months of employment.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter, along with three references, to:
Kristine den Boon, Director of Service Delivery
Marigold Library System
Unit B, 1000 Pine Street
Strathmore, AB T1P 1C1
Closing date for this position is Friday, February 17, 2023. We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leave a Reply