Prince George Public Library | Prince George, British Columbia
The Prince George Public Library is looking for a dedicated, reliable, team-oriented, and self-motivated individual to join the Collections & Technology team to conduct professional collection development work for the library’s physical and digital collections. This includes selecting, weeding, evaluating, and promoting content according to the Library’s policies and procedures and in accordance with the organization’s strategic priorities while under the direction of the Collections Coordinator. This person
also trains Library staff how to access and use various parts of the collection.
A key component of the job involves working collaboratively with other team members, including staff in other departments, and providing direct customer service, both in-person and virtually, to patrons of the Library. The latter includes answering reference questions, recommending titles to readers, providing referrals to others within and outside the organization, lending materials, and delivering basic customer account services while adhering to quality standards established by the Manager of Customer
Experience & Service Delivery.
The position also directs and conducts the day-to-day work of interlibrary loans for the Library. This involves receiving such requests, searching for and ordering materials, liaising with other staff, and following up with patrons as necessary and appropriate.
Eligible candidates will have:
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program or equivalent
- Two-years pertinent library experience or equivalent combination of education, experience and training sufficient to indicate a substantive knowledge about library collections in terms of their variety, appeal, and practical value to intended audiences
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware as it applies to library and information services and proven keyboarding skills
- Broad knowledge of a range of solutions currently available for library catalogues, including search and discovery tools and other applications that enable integrated access to analog and digital collections
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting.
We are looking for:
- A strong team player
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies
- High level of self-motivation, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with library staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing objectives and priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
Starting wage: $35.15 per hour, 37.5 hours a week.
Please e-mail your detailed resume in confidence by July 14, 2023 by 5:00 pm to: email@example.com
Resumes are to be marked “Private and Confidential”. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application must be true and correct. Disqualification or termination of employment will result if there are any misstatements, omissions of material facts in the application or hiring process.