Prince George Public Library | Prince George, BC
(Temporary Part-Time 9 month contract with possibility of
The Prince George Public Library is looking for a dedicated, reliable, and self-motivated individual to conduct professional collection development work for the library’s physical and digital collections. This includes selecting, weeding, evaluating, and promoting content according to the Library’s policies and procedures and in accordance with the organization’s strategic priorities. This person also participates in training Library staff how to access and use various parts of the collection.
A key component of the job involves providing direct customer service, both in-person or virtually, to patrons of the Library. This includes answering reference questions, recommending titles to readers,
providing referrals to others within and outside the organization, lending materials, and delivering basic customer account services while adhering to quality standards established by the Manager of Customer Experience & Service Delivery.
Eligible candidates will have:
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program or equivalent.
- Two-years pertinent library experience or equivalent combination of education, experience and training sufficient to indicate a substantive knowledge about library collections in terms of their variety, appeal, and practical value to intended audiences.
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or leadership skills.
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware as it applies to library and information services, and proven keyboarding skills.
- Broad knowledge of a range of solutions currently available for library catalogues, including search and discovery tools and other applications that enable integrated access to physical and digital collections.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting.
We are looking for:
- A strong team player
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies
- High level of self-motivation, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with library staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing objectives and priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
Wage: $35.15 per hour, 20 hours per week, which may include days, evenings and weekends
Please send your detailed resume in confidence by Friday, May 5, 2023 at 5:00pm to:
Prince George Public Library
888 Canada Games Way, Prince George BC, V2L 5T6
Resumes are to be marked “Private and Confidential”. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application must be true and correct. Disqualification or termination of employment will result if there are any misstatements, omissions of material facts in the application or hiring process.
Leave a Reply