Sylvan Lake Municipal Library | Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Sylvan Lake Municipal Library seeks an energetic and motivated Communication and Development Coordinator. This is a great position for someone with strong writing skills and who is outgoing and eager to build new partnerships in the community. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about helping the Sylvan Lake Municipal Library expand and thrive, this position could be for you.
The Communication and Development Coordinator designs and implements Sylvan Lake Municipal Library’s physical communications, including fundraising and media relations. This position reports to the Library Director and works closely with all staff to ensure our Library’s Plan of Service is the forefront of everything we do.
The Communication and Development Coordinator is responsible for photography, fundraising and creating and executing our Library’s communications to our internal and external audiences. Building strong public relations and support for the library is a must.
- Writes all manner of communications such as newsletters, reports, presentations, briefing notes, and manages the production and distribution of communications.
- Ensures consistency of branding and design across all media and communication materials.
- In conjunction with other staff, develops and manages fundraising programs, including grant writing and event planning.
- Liaises with the media for the Sylvan Lake Municipal Library (e.g., responds to media queries and prepares press releases)
- Degree or diploma in public relations, fundraising, communications, marketing or a related discipline, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in marketing is an asset.
- Superior writing and editing skills, utilizing the Sylvan Lake Municipal Library’s Style Guide.
- Superior communications skills, including public speaking and relationship building with diverse audiences.
- Proficient in a modern, technological library environment.
- Experience in advocacy and fundraising.
- Has a valid Alberta driver’s license
Starting wage for this position is $22/hour based on a 24-hour work week (days, evenings & weekends)
This position can be completed mostly from home. Time in the Library will be expected at least once/week (not including photographing programs and special events)
Sylvan Lake Municipal Library strives to be the heart of our community, where all come to discover, learn and connect. We are a busy tourist destination and support the citizens of Sylvan Lake, The Summer Villages and Red Deer County.
Email your cover letter, resume and samples of work to email@example.com, to the attention of Andrea Newland, Library Director.
Review of applications will begin on September 26, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leave a Reply