Grande Prairie Public Library | Grande Prairie, Alberta
Do you love connecting with community organizations, diverse programming, and being a friendly face at local events? GPPL is looking for a full-time Community Outreach Librarian to join our fun-loving team of library professionals. This is a one-year temporary position with the possibility of extension. As the Community Outreach Librarian, you will be responsible for providing a variety of services to library users and the community, with the aim of promoting GPPL’s programs, collections, and services to underserved populations and removing barriers to access. Reporting to the Head of Adult Services, this role ensures GPPL provides innovative and seamless service by consulting with community organizations in response to identified interests and needs.
Who You Are
- An enthusiastic professional keen on fostering positive relationships with local and regional organizations, with a focus on underserved populations
- An empathetic, flexible, and energetic shift disturber who fosters positive relationships with patrons by being approachable and utilizing exceptional listening skills
- A team player capable of collaboration, seeing the bigger picture, and delivering high-quality results that contribute to GPPL’s success as an organization
- A proactive thinker with demonstrated experience in developing connections and building communities required. Master of Library & Information Studies from an ALA-accredited institution, a Library Information Technology (LIT) diploma are desirable
- Hours of work include a 35-hour work week with evening and weekend work required
- This is a one-year temporary position with the possibility of extension
- Salary to be on Grade 4 of GPPL’s salary grid ($54,833 – $73,133) and commensurate with experience
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment
GPPL supports and endorses the Canadian Federation of Library Associations’ commitment to the universal principles of intellectual freedom as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which include the freedoms to hold opinions and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
GPPL believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation, and creativity, as outlined in the CFLA’s Position Statement on Diversity and Inclusion. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and sense of community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on March 15, 2023 with interviews commencing shortly after and an anticipated start date of mid-April. Candidates are invited to email their letter of application with a detailed resume and three references to:
ATTN: Hailey McCullough
Grande Prairie Public Library
101 9839 103 Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6M7
Please include Community Outreach Librarian in the subject heading of your email application.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Leave a Reply