Chinook Arch Regional Library System | Lethbridge, Alberta
Full-Time Limited Term
December 2022 – February 2024 (15 months – with possibility of extension to 24 months)
Do you have a passion for public libraries? Are you keen to use your digital literacy skills to support and promote libraries and library services? If so, the Chinook Arch Regional Library System would like to hear from you! We are looking for a Digital Navigator to join our dynamic, collaborative team. The Digital Navigator will deliver digital literacy classes for a 15 month project serving the Chinook Arch region across southwest Alberta. The successful candidate will take the lead in the delivery and evaluation of digital literacy programs and classes. The salary range for this position is $42,228 – $60,948. To learn more about Chinook Arch, please visit our website at https://chinookarch.ca.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A Library Technician or Education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams
- Proven customer service, communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, document, and complete multiple concurrent tasks/projects on time including the creation and maintenance of digital literacy instructional materials and content
- Proficiency with digital technology and Microsoft Office productivity software
- Demonstrated project management skills including program delivery services through face to face and/or video conferencing (live streaming instruction)
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in the areas of library programs and services
- A portfolio of recent, relevant programs and projects
- Knowledge of public library services (especially in rural library services) is a strong asset
- Valid class 5 Alberta Driving License with a three year good driving record
This is a 15 month full-time term position, with possibility of extension to 24 months. To apply, please email the following in one attachment: resume and cover letter, along with your response (1 page maximum) to the following questions:
- What do you contribute to a healthy, vibrant work culture?
- Please describe your understanding of the work Chinook Arch Regional Library System does and how the position of Digital Navigator helps in fulfilling this mandate.
Email applications to:
Lisa Weekes, Associate Director
Review of applications will begin on November 3, 2022. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A full job description is available upon request.
Chinook Arch is committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments, and will endeavor to address any need for accommodation for candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process. Persons of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Leave a Reply