Tłı̨chǫ Ndek’àowo / Tłı̨chǫ Government | Behchokǫ, NT
2-year term with possibility of extension or permanent, Fulltime
Tłı̨chǫ Government invites all suitable qualified candidates to apply for the Digital Records Archivist position.
Tłı̨chǫ Government is committed to attracting and recruiting the best possible candidates for available positions. The principles of fairness, qualifications and Tłı̨chǫ citizenship guide the hiring of Tłı̨chǫ Government employees.
POSITION TITLE: Digital Records Archivist
DEPARTMENT: Culture and Lands Protection / Training and Research
LOCATION: Behchokǫ̀, NT
STATUS: 2-year term with possibility of extension or permanent
CLOSING DATE: December 9, 2022
OUTLINE OF THE POSITION:
The Digital Records Archivist is responsible for strategic planning, collections management and daily operations of Tłı̨chǫ Government’s physical and digital archives, which includes development and implementation of policies and procedures. The incumbent will develop and maintain Tłı̨chǫ Nàowoò Deghats’etsaa: Tłı̨chǫ Cultural Commons Digital Archive (TCCDA) which is a central digital location for Tłı̨chǫ cultural knowledge. The incumbent should take an innovative approach to archival management with inquisitiveness, flexibility and drive to promote and enhance preservation of and access to the TCCDA. The incumbent will develop partnerships, implement best practices and respond to and work with a wide variety of requests from colleagues, communities, researchers and the general public.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 1-year work experience in archives, working with relevant digital tools, technology and metadata standards in an archival repository, and a Masters’ degree in either Archival Studies, Information Studies, Archival and Library Studies or another graduate degree in a relevant field and combination of education and experience may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of archival standards and practices related to digital records, receiving and management of digital records; technical requirements for digital preservation on hardware, software and file formats; and provision of access to digital records
- Experience developing research guides, exhibits, or other tools to promote and support use of archival and manuscript holdings
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong interest in Tłı̨chǫ history, geography, language, culture, way of life, and an understanding of Tłı̨chǫ Government’s programs and services
- Ability to work with Tłı̨chǫ Elders, as part of a team, in stressful situations amongst projects with changing deadlines, emerging issues and conflicting demands.
- Ability to conduct research, write reports, proposals, and work with confidential material.
To apply, submit your resume + cover letter or to request Job Description, email: email@example.com
Human Resources, Department of Corporate Services, Tłı̨chǫ Ndek’àowo / Tłı̨chǫ Government P.O. Box 412, Behchokǫ̀, NT, X0E 0Y0 • Tel: 867.392.6381 • Fax 867.392.6862 • www.tlicho.ca