Theatre Alberta | Edmonton, Alberta
Limited Term Full-Time Position, ~12 Months
Deadline to Apply: September 5, 2023
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that serves artists, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing an array of programs and services, including operating a Library with more than 24,000 physical titles and online resources.
We require an Indigenous Theatre Library Collection Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the creation of a new collection management policy for Indigenous theatre and performance materials in the Theatre Alberta Library. Work will include:
- an inventory of the current Indigenous materials within the Theatre Alberta Library collection and their current classifications/records
- research subject headings, controlled vocabulary, and emerging practices for cataloguing Indigenous performance art used in other libraries
- curate and coordinate an Indigenous Theatre Advisory Council to guide and consult on policy development, including the preparation of knowledge, data, and research for the Council’s consideration (the Council will consist of five paid members and include asynchronous exchange and in-person or online meetings)
- draft an Indigenous Theatre Collection Management Policy for performance work from Turtle Island and other parts of the world
- identification of potential future work, strategies, and research
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
- experience as an Indigenous knowledge and information professional
- passionate about Indigenous knowledge stewardship and protection, libraries, and theatre
- comfortable with both self-directed work and collaboration / teamwork
- effective and compassionate communication skills
- project management experience will be considered an asset
- previous experience in the theatre and/or not-for-profit sectors will be considered assets
The Indigenous Theatre Library Collection Manager is designed as a full-time ~12 month term position, with benefits after three months, however we are open to a variety of flexible scheduling and term arrangements that meet an applicant’s personal and professional needs. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. While the Theatre Alberta Library and the majority of the staff team are based in Edmonton, we welcome applications for this position from other locations in Canada.Annual salary range $47,500-$50,000. Start date negotiable.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and detailed statement of interest in your preferred format (written/audio/video), to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director, by September 5, 2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome any/all questions about the role or the application process. If you are an Indigenous person who does not meet all of these criteria and would still make a great Indigenous Theatre Library Collections Manager, we encourage you to apply!
To learn more about Theatre Alberta and this project, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.