Cochrane Public Library | Cochrane, Alberta
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING – April 24, 2023
LIBRARY ASSISTANT I – Shelver (Competition #RPT23-01)
The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as a Shelver.
Job Description: The Library Assistant I – Shelver is responsible for materials handling, including: shelving, shelf maintenance, and packing and unpacking deliveries of materials.
Education and Experience Required:
- Completion of General High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent education and/or experience may also be considered
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
- Basic technological literacy and typing skills
- Strong alphabetization and numerical skills
- No experience necessary, some work experience desirable
- Satisfactory Police Information Check
Schedule: This is a part-time position with 17.5 set hours per week and will consist of 3.5 hour shifts, 5 days/week, including a shift every second Saturday. Daily schedule is as follows:
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: $17.25 to $18.12 per hour
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact the HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of email should include competition # referenced above.
Closing Date: This posting will close on Sunday, April 30, 2023.