Legislative Assembly of British Columbia | Victoria, B.C.
Department: Legislative Library
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Salary Range: $45,855.60 – $57,319.50 per annum
Close Date: Monday, June 5, 2023 at 12:00pm (PST)
Employees of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia (Assembly) provide professional non-partisan services to support the democratic institution of Parliament and its members through procedural advice, administrative support and information services. The Assembly is an autonomous employer, separate from the administrative framework of B.C. government ministries and agencies.
The Legislative Library is seeking a detail-oriented, driven, and customer- focused individual for the regular full-time position of Library Assistant.
Reporting to a Library Technician, the Library Assistant undertakes duties related to acquisitions, cataloguing, circulation, reference and other library operations. The Library Assistant also participates in the development of division and library plans, policies, procedures and initiatives, and perform other duties as required.
This Library Assistant position has a focus on stack maintenance, supporting reference services and products, acquisitions and serials responsibilities, and supporting digitization projects.
Applicants must have:
- Completed a Library Technician Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a customer service role.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience working in a Library.
Please refer to the position description for a full list of duties and qualifications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Career development – We support continuing education by providing innovative, inclusive and diverse learning opportunities for growth, skill development and career advancement.
- Community, engagement and recognition – We value teamwork, collaboration and connection. Employees have the opportunity to interact and engage through projects, committees, working groups and events. Together, we celebrate and acknowledge each other’s outstanding achievements and contributions.
- Extended health benefits – We provide eligible employees with a competitive benefits package, which includes extended health and dental, basic life insurance, an optional family funeral benefit plan, optional life insurance, optional accidental death and dismemberment, travel medical insurance, sick leave and long-term disability benefits.
- Flexible work options – We offer remote work and flexible work arrangements for a greater work-life balance.
- Health and wellness – We promote employee health and wellness by providing access to an employee assistance program, an in-house fitness room, secure bike storage and a reduced-cost bus pass through the BC Transit ProPASS program. We also offer an infant and family wellness room, a meditation room and a sustainable commuting and active living program that provides reimbursement for fitness and wellness activities.
- Location, location, location — We provide employment in an architectural landmark, the Parliament Buildings, which overlooks Victoria’s Inner Harbour on the edge of the downtown core, close to shops, restaurants, cafes and parks.
- Retirement benefits – We offer a generous pension plan with the Public Service Pension Plan where contributions are made by both the employee and Legislative Assembly. This pension plan provides employees with a lifetime monthly pension when they retire.
- Vacation benefits – We offer four weeks of annual vacation time to start, or 8 percent vacation pay.
For more information about our organization, go to https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/working-here.
Please submit cover letter and résumé through our job board portal by Monday, June 5, 2023 at 12:00pm (PST). For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Legislative Assembly of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection processes. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for applying as only those shortlisted will be contacted.An eligibility list may be established and/or auxiliary positions may be considered for future conversion to regular status. Lesser qualified applicants may be under-implemented or appointed at a lower classification. A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required as a condition of employment.
The Legislative Assembly of British Columbia values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
$45,855.60 – $57,319.50 per annum
Closes: 5 June, 2023
Legislative Assembly of BC
Victoria , BC