University of Lethbridge | Lethbridge, Alberta
|About the University||It’s your time to shine!|
Work where the world comes to create, discover and learn.
We are one of Canada’s top universities and leading research institutions. With more than 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students, two campuses (Lethbridge and Calgary), seven faculties and schools, and more than 2,500 employees, ULethbridge is Lethbridge’s second largest employer. Faculty and staff come together to contribute, each in their own way, to establishing ULethbridge as Canada’s destination university. In 2022, Lethbridge was recognized as one of Canada’s top small cities.
|Position Details||The University Library requires a qualified Library Operations Specialist IV to join the Technical Services Team. This is a full-time, continuing appointment beginning approximately July 4, 2023.Reporting to the Associate University Librarian, primary responsibilities of this position include:|
· Processing invoices through the Library Management System (currently Sierra).
· Original and derived cataloguing of materials (may include maps, microforms, multimedia, software, data, books, electronic resources, etc.) into the integrated library system Sierra. Using tools such as the RDA manual, Library of Congress Subject headings, Library of Congress Classification Web provide complete MARC records for materials acquired outside of the outsourced catalogued item workflow.
· Responsibility for metadata creation for our digitized collections and provide expertise surrounding authority control and authorized forms of names.
· Participation in scheduled staffing of the Library’s General Services Desk (includes providing research support to patrons at the Services desk and online, as well as oversight of material circulation, patron record maintenance, financial transactions, booking services to patrons, and basic hardware/software maintenance, support, and troubleshooting for computers, photocopiers/printers, and electronic resources). This position requires some flexibility in work hours to accommodate scheduled service desk shifts during evening, weekend and selected statutory holiday hours of opening. Also required are the abilities to work independently and cooperatively with other staff to ensure that Technical Services and other Library services and operations are covered effectively at all times.
|Position Qualifications||We are seeking a candidate who possesses the following:|
· A bachelor’s degree and a two-year college diploma in library and information technology, and at least two years’ experience.
· Knowledge of electronic resources management workflow.
· Knowledge of standard library cataloguing procedures, processes, and systems, including RDA cataloguing rules and Library of Congress classification. Experience in archival cataloguing would also be an asset.
· Knowledge of information literacy concepts and the skill set to provide instructional reference to patrons.
· Knowledge of library circulation and information services.
· Excellent public service skills.
· Excellent organization and time-management skills, close attention to detail, and the ability to exercise initiative and judgment appropriately.
· The ability to establish and maintain productive and collegial relationships with co-workers in a team-oriented work environment.
· A great degree of independence and the ability to prioritize competing, time-sensitive demands.
· Effective communication skills and a strong service orientation in working with and assisting co-workers, library patrons, members of the University community, and the general public.
|Starting Salary Range (at 1.0 FTE)||$4,622.00 – $5,167.50 monthly|
|Full Salary Range (at 1.0 FTE)||$4,622.00 – $5,713.00 monthly (AUPE – Grade 10)|
Posting Detail Information
|Desired Start Date||07/04/2023|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Apply for this position at the University of Lethbridge Careers site here: https://uleth.peopleadmin.ca/postings/6514|
|Employment Equity||The University of Lethbridge invites applications from all qualified candidates; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.|
The University of Lethbridge is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, including through all aspects of the hiring process. If you require support during the hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com so that accommodations can be put in place to support you. All private information received in relation to your request for support will be kept confidential, only information required to facilitate the accommodation will be shared with the selection committee.
Leave a Reply