Cochrane Public Library | Cochrane, Alberta
Permanent, Full Time
Competition #: FTE22-06
The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as a Library Programmer.
The Programmer position is responsible for programming and engagement activities in the library and community, as well as providing responsive and friendly customer service, including: membership services, information and readers’ services, and various other related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
- Library Technician Diploma with some public library experience preferred and/or Early Childhood Development Diploma with programming and customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- One to two years of customer service experience, previous library experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and skills related to the planning and execution of large programs &/or events
- Proven ability and willingness to network, build relationships within the community, and seek opportunities for external grants and sponsorships is essential, along with an overall knowledge of the Cochrane and Rocky View County communities
- Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and demands simultaneously
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
- Fluency in languages other than English an asset
- Advanced technological literacy skills
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service
- Valid Alberta driver’s license and Driver’s Abstract (may be required); ability to satisfy insurance requirements
This is a full-time permanent position with 40 set hours per week, to be initially scheduled as follows:
Start date: To be determined
Compensation: $21.49 to $22.78 per hour
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact the HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject line of email should include competition # referenced above.
Closing Date: This posting will close at 5pm on Tuesday, December 6, 2022.