Portage College | St. Paul, Alberta
Full-time Continuous Term
Location: St. Paul campus
Job number: 23-LSB3-38-PC
Position type: Full-time continuous term
Posting date: June 29, 2023
Salary: $3,687 to $4,781 per month
Closing date: Will begin reviewing resumes on July 7, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for an experience
Library Support Specialist to work with the College’s Library
Service’s team. The incumbent in this position is responsible for
the operation of the St. Paul library, including:
- Circulation of materials using the automated library system; manages and maintains ST. Paul collections; fulfills branch interlibrary loans.
- Answer basic reference questions (in-person, phone or
virtual) and assist students with Microsoft Office,
electronic resource and internet searching, printing
- Operation of the Library System and is the system
administrator and main contact for troubleshooting
- Updating the library website and other online content.
- Circulate Bookstore rental items.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A diploma in Library and Information Technology; Equivalencies in a relevant field of study, an undergraduate degree and/or library experience may be considered.
- A minimum of one-year public service experience in an
automated library environment and/or academic
institution is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
ability to be an effective team member.
- Strong skills in organization, customer service, data
entry, chat and telephone etiquette.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize workload
with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with computers, especially MS Office.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a
current police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As an employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear
from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.