Insignia Software | Edmonton, Alberta
Permanent, Full Time
Languages Required: English
About the position: This is a full time, permanent, in-office position and will start as soon a suitable candidate is found. Our office is at 1074, 103A Street, Edmonton.
Who we are: We are a team on a mission to simplify and streamline the work that our educators and librarians do to make knowledge accessible to everyone. Specializing in Library Systems and other education industry software, we strive to develop and distribute easy to use software solutions that empower the future of our schools and libraries.
Description: Insignia Software is seeking a meticulous, communicative, out-of-the-box thinker to lead enhancement of Insignia Library System. Insignia’s customers include K-12, Public, Academic and Special libraries who use our Integrated Library System to manage their library collections and more. As a Library Systems Analyst you will recommend and document enhancements to be added in Insignia Library System. This opportunity requires a highly self-motivated individual with excellent writing and speaking skills. The successful candidate will develop in-depth knowledge of Insignia Integrated Library System, work closely with the Insignia Team, and liaise with libraries all over Canada and the United States.
- Make detailed product enhancement recommendations to improve Insignia Library System
- Write recommendations for changes and new features
- Create mock-ups of design and functionality
- Work with the Insignia Team, library staff, administrators, and IT departments to understand customer workflows to ensure product is meeting customer needs
- Review and evaluate customer suggestions for enhancements to the product
- Testing product enhancements
- Evaluate and improve discoverability, usability, and functionality of Insignia Library System and OPAC
- Integrate contemporary design, UX principles, and accessibility standards
- Respond to RFPs
- Document and advise on integration with third party vendors
- Communicate enhancements or changes in system functionality to Insignia staff and customers, and update user manual
- Perform competitor analysis and recommend enhancements
- Advise on industry trends and directions
- ALA-accredited MLIS or equivalent with GPA over 3.5
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science is an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience providing support for libraries or library systems; candidates with less experience but high academic standing will be considered
- In-depth experience with one or more high-end library automation systems
- Knowledge of library-related information technologies and protocols, and library workflows such as circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, and interlibrary loan
- Thorough understanding of and/or experience with MARC, BIBFRAME, Authority records, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships across departments and diverse stakeholder groups
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a high comfort level with innovation and change related to technology and systems
- IT related certifications or diplomas are an asset
- Being multilingual is an asset, especially fluency in French or Spanish
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours/week) with regular office hours Monday to Friday. Salary is between $70,000 and $100,000 based on qualifications and experience, and candidate will be eligible for an annual bonus based on performance. After a 3-month probation period, Insignia offers benefits including a healthcare package with vision and dental, and a partially reimbursed gym membership.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Leave a Reply