Saskatchewan Ministry of Education | Regina, Saskatchewan
Salary Range: $37.431- $46.906 Hourly
Salary Supplement: included in hourly salary range (in-scope)
The Ministry of Education provides leadership and direction to Saskatchewan’s education, early years, library, and literacy sectors. The Ministry is committed to providing equitable and inclusive education, early years and library systems that benefit all learners and foundationally place Indigenous knowledge systems, cultures and languages within structures, policies, and curricula. The Ministry of Education is advancing reconciliation with early years, Prekindergarten to Grade 12, library, and First Nations, Métis and Inuit partners by acknowledging our shared history to build a brighter future together.
Do you want to hone your policy development skills and consensus building abilities in a complex environment? The Provincial Library & Literacy Office (PLLO) is seeking an innovative, highly motivated, results oriented, strategic thinking individual to join the Library Network & Development area as the Provincial Cataloguing Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the production and editing of metadata for the Single Integrated Library System consortium (SILS). This involves working with all public library systems in Saskatchewan, as well as staff within the ministry office providing coordination, analysis, and assessment of interconnected workflows.
In addition to coordination and analysis, you will be involved in the following areas:
- Assigning and prioritizing work for PLLO cataloguing staff.
- Troubleshooting issues surrounding the importation and creation of metadata in cataloguing software within the provincial Integrated Library system (ILS).
- Utilizing and optimizing search utilities in locating appropriate metadata.
- Leading committees and building consensus among sector partners regarding optimum metadata creation and editing.
- Leading and supporting the implementation of the recommendations of the Provincial Indigenous Subject Headings Project.
- Creating effective policies and procedures for SILS regarding the creation and editing of metadata.
- Exercising project management strategies in organizing data quality operations.
- Providing data analytics on metadata creation/editing for PLLO and SILS.
- Providing appropriate training to PLLO staff and sector partners on the editing and creation of metadata.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience working with the MARC21 standard and a variety of cataloguing software tools, including knowledge of ILS function. You will communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in creating, formatting, and editing a variety of documents. You will be able to influence others in committees or groups to reach a mutually acceptable viable solution to emerging issues. You will have demonstrated experience in successfully working in a team environment, applying interpersonal skills to contributing positively and being supportive of team goals.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required to perform these functions are obtained through a Masters of Library and Informational Science (MLIS) degree. Project management and business analysis skills acquired are also considered an asset.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension.
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.
Bilingual, English, and French is an asset.
Preference will be given to qualified equity group members who self-declare in this online application, as identified in “diversity groups” below
Diversity Groups: Aboriginal persons, Persons with disabilities
Hours of Work: A – SGEU Office 36 – one day off every two weeks
Closing Date: Aug 21, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
To apply please access the following link: