Cochrane Public Library | Cochrane, Alberta
Full-Time Limited Term
(Competition T23-02): Term June 26 – August 18, 2023
The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as our SRC Assistant.
Job Description: The SRC Assistant is responsible for facilitating the Library’s annual Summer Reading Club. This position will: create and distribute promotional materials for social media, online and in-house; collaborate with the SRC Coordinator and/or other program staff to deliver engaging programming to children from July to August; and evaluate the success of the program.
Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Delivers children’s program activities, on and off-site
- Creates and distributes SRC promotional materials
- Provides and promotes all membership services
- Answers directional questions
- Provides information and readers’ services
- Provides technology assistance
- Works positively and productively with staff and customers
- Demonstrates continuous individual growth and development
- Advocates for the public library and is knowledgeable about all services
- Other related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
- Some public library experience preferred and/or combination of Education Degree or Early Childhood Development Diploma with programming and customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
- Fluency in languages other than English an asset
- Intermediate technological literacy skills
- One to two years of customer service experience; previous public library experience preferred
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service
- Valid Alberta driver’s license and Driver’s Abstract (may be required); ability to satisfy insurance requirements
- Ability to meet the requirements of the grant funding body, including:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment, and;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Lifting and pushing up to 10 kg of library materials
- Shift work required
- Ability to squat, kneel, bend, raise arms above shoulders, read small print
- Repetitive hand movement for extended periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Concentrated sensory attention is required to ensure accuracy
- Works at off-site locations, as required
Schedule: This is a full-time term position with 40 set hours per week, to be initially scheduled as follows:
|Week 1:||Week 2:|
*This position will require occasional evenings and weekends
Term position: June 26, 2023 – August 18, 2023
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact the HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject line of email should include competition # referenced above.
Closing Date: This posting will close at 5pm on Friday, May 19, 2023.
Leave a Reply