Cochrane Public Library | Cochrane, Alberta
The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as our SRC Coordinator.
Job Description: The SRC Coordinator is responsible for planning, promoting, and facilitating the Library’s annual Summer Reading Club. This position will: deliver SRC presentations to local schools; create and distribute promotional materials for social media, online and in-house; collaborate with the SRC Assistant and/or other program staff to deliver engaging programming to children from July to August; and evaluate the success of the program.
Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Plans and delivers children’s program activities, on and off-site
- Creates and distributes SRC promotional materials
- Provides and promotes all membership services
- Answers directional questions
- Provides information and readers’ services
- Provides technology assistance
- Works positively and productively with staff and customers
- Demonstrates continuous individual growth and development
- Advocates for the public library and is knowledgeable about all services
- Other related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
- Some public library experience preferred and/or combination of Education Degree or Early Childhood Development Diploma with programming and customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
- Fluency in languages other than English an asset
- Intermediate technological literacy skills
- One to two years of customer service experience; previous public library experience preferred
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service
- Valid Alberta driver’s license and Driver’s Abstract (may be required); ability to satisfy insurance requirements
- Ability to meet the requirements of the grant funding body, including:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- have registered as a high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment and intend to return to studies during or after the YCW work assignment; and
- not have another full-time job during the YCW work assignment.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Lifting and pushing up to 10 kg of library materials
- Shift work required
- Ability to squat, kneel, bend, raise arms above shoulders, read small print
- Repetitive hand movement for extended periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Concentrated sensory attention is required to ensure accuracy
- Works at off-site locations, as required
Schedule: This is a full-time permanent position with 40 set hours per week, to be initially scheduled as follows:
|Week 1:||Week 2:|
*This position will require occasional evenings and weekends
Term position: May 8, 2023 – August 25, 2023
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject line of email should include competition # referenced above.
Closing Date: This posting will close at 5pm on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Leave a Reply